I saw this list first at my friend, Faye’s blog and I can’t help but share it here too. The text in bold letters are the ones I have yet to try!
1. Go white water rafting in Cagayan de Oro.
- Had so much fun in doing white water rafting in CDO last 2008!
2. Visit Batanes.
3. See Mt. Mayon up close.
- Every year we would go to Albay and I would always feel mesmerized by it’s beauty. Mt. Mayon is one of a kind!
4. Swim with the whale sharks in Donsol.
- Oh, I loved the experience on this one. Those whale sharks were scary but swimming with them was an experience of a lifetime!
5. Climb Mt. Pulag and be awed by its sea of clouds.
6. Dive, swim and explore Palawan’s underground river.
- Yes, this is highly recommended. The trip was long and rocky though but it was worth it!
7. Hike and let the view of Mt. Pinatubo crater take your breath away.
8. Party in your bikini in Boracay.
- I’ve been to Boracay as early as 1990 and I’ve always loved that island ever since. Been there during the months of January, July, September and December.
9. Surf’s up! Choose your wave—La Union, Zambales or Real, Quezon.
10. Missed out on the pristine beauty of Boracay 15 years ago? Visit Malapascua, Cebu.
11. Dive and see the rich marine life of Anilao, Batangas.
12. Travel back in time—go to Vigan.
13. Let Bohol wow you with its many offerings—the Chocolate Hills, the tarsier, the Loboc River Cruise, old churches and the beach.
- I loved Bohol. Thanks to cheap airfares, I was able to visit that wonderful place this year.
14. Go high! Drive to the Mountain Province of Sagada. Check out the caves, the hanging coffins and enjoy the laidback lifestyle.
15. Grab a Viaje del Sol map, visit Ugu Binyan’s pottery studio, eat at Kusina Salud and unwind at Casa San Pablo.
16. Spend an entire week up north. Take a road trip from Manila to Vigan, Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Aparri and Isabela!
17. Try wakeboarding in Camsur.
- Best experience! Had body pains afterwards but as always, it was worth the fun and excitement!
18. Check out Malate, Old Manila and all their secret spots.
- Manila is nice to visit. We never get to appreciate it that much because we know that it’s just there. Take a day off and explore the city.
19. There are many reasons to love Davao. Kublai’s artworks, its proximity to the beach, the tasty pastil and juicy suha. And did I mention that it’s a smoke-free city?
- Davao is such a clean city. Was able to check out Paradise Beach, Eden Nature Park, and toured around the city.
20. Spend a weekend roughing it in Anawangin and Capones in Zambales.
21. Check out our colorful fiestas and document them with your camera. Ati-atihan, Dinagyang, Masskara, Sinulog, Higantes, Panagbenga and more.
- I’ve only tried Dinagyang. I have yet to try the others.
22. Pick your own strawberries at the Strawberry Fields in La Trinidad, Benguet.
23. Go to Pampanga for sisig.
- Pampanga is best for their sisig! YUM! Will try it again hopefully early next year.
24. If it’s too hot in Manila, grab a few friends and take a quick trip to Tagaytay.
- We always go to Tagaytay. I love that place to relax and unwind. Food trip is also good there!
25. Enjoy a food trip in Iloilo. You’ll never go hungry in this city.
- I’ve been to Iloilo when I was in College. Loved the fresh seafoods and the batchoy!
I have a lot on my to-do list. Hopefully in 5 years, I would be able to do all of these things.