During our last trip to Boracay we stayed at the White House Resort for 4 days and 3 nights.
It was recommended by my friend Joy (thanks Joy!). We were in Boracay during the Holy Week so I made sure I booked early. So, there were still a lot of rooms available 6 months before our travel date. I loved that they were very accomodating during reservations and were patient with my never ending inquiries. They answered right away through email and text messages. That’s why they were one of my choices since I was on a tight budget too. I had to really check the room rates thoroughly and they were one of the few resorts who gave me time to think and reserved our room until January. Yes, I had time to save for this. They also gave us 10 % discount for booking early
WE availed of the deluxe room for PHP6,100/night. It was a great location since it was just a few steps away from the pool and of course the beach. It was our first time at Station 1 and were so loving the perfect location. It was so quiet and serene, we didn’t feel the busyness of the Holy Week at all. I love the music at this resort too, no wonder, people would just hang around the restaurant or in front of the beach just to “chill”.
Here are a few photos around the area of White House Resort…
Here is the summarized version of my review of the resort:
- Room: It was clean and tidy and they would clean it up everyday. But everytime we turned on the airconditioner, moist is all over the place – floor, cabinets, and walls. The bathroom is also clean but I hope they clean it at least twice a day since we go in and out of the shower area right after swimming.
- Food: Food at this resort is a bit expensive. Although most of the food we ordered were good and tasty. Our breakfast was part of the package, we had beef tapa, corned beef and longganiza and all of these were great.
- Swimming Pool: This is what the kids truly loved! I liked that it’s not the typical tiled swimming pool. I think the kids stayed here more than they were at the beach. The depth of the pool was also perfect for my kids’ height. We all loved swimming here.
- Beach: All I can say is that nothing beats the beach of Boracay!
- Restaurant: I like the cabanas in front of the beach. Perfect for our lunches.
- Service: I would say their service sucks big time. My friends who recommended it couldn’t believed it either but I think they changed their management. First, they owed me a change after paying on our first day but totally forgot about it when we were checking out. They insisted that they already gave me my change. Oh well. I didn’t want to argue anymore.
Secondly, I asked for utensils, plates, and soup bowl, from one of the staff, that staff didn’t even bother to check their kitchen, she just flatly said that they don’t have a soup bowl. What?? I asked a different staff and she was able to give a large soup bowl.
Thirdly, while one of the staff was serving our rice, she was talking to someone on her cellphone! Wow! Some of the staff were good, some were not. I hope they would be consistent when it comes to service because I don’t think I would check in with them again if their service don’t improve.
Location wise, I would say this resort is perfect!
White House Boracay
Station 1, Sitio Pinaongon Balabag, Boracay Island