I had the luxury to watch a lot of movies over the weekend. Thanks to the 4-day no work, we were able to bond by watching movies and surf the internet. Good thing Hubby was able to get a couple of movies a few weeks ago, we enjoyed watching almost all of it. I also had the luxury to do a couple of research (which I wanted to do for the past few months now) and discovered a couple of softwares that I will download if I have time again…
- The newest OpenOffice downloads has been released and is already available for download. We are planning on using this at work so this update will help us figure out if we will continue to launch it or not.
- Pidgin IM For Facebook Chat seems useful for me since I’ve been having a chat with my Mom ever since she got back to the US. After reading the steps to install, it looks like I won’t have a hard time installing it! We’ll see.
- The PuTTY Downloads which will also be used in the office PuTTY is a free and open source terminal emulator application. What it can do is that it can act as a client for the SSH, Telnet, rlogin, and raw TCP computing protocols and as a serial console client.
- Do you need a video capture software? Try downloading VirtualDub. I find this useful for us since my kids sometimes would like to capture their favorite scenes from their favorite movies. They would love to see this!
- Another software that my kids would love to have – the VLC Media Player. Reasons why I want this? It’s easy to use, has no restrictions on regional usage and it’s an open source program so it’s absolutely FREE. The good thing about this also is that it does not require users to constantly download and update add-ons or codec files.